Friday, September 07, 2012

Presidential Folly; Citizen Glory!

I'm late posting this since I didn't actually create this blog until yesterday, but thought I'd share some of how I spent my Labor Day honoring *ahem* workers in this country:


But that's not all! I have a set of acrylic paints and a wine glass just hanging around waiting to be turned into Epic art, so I created this:


As you can see, the glass sports an empty chair, opposite an American flag. To the left of the chair is the year 2012; to the right is "Empty Chair Day". What is a bit obscured is a Nobama sign, looking much like this one:



I apologize for the blurriness of the wine glass. Upon request I can provide more photos of it as I still have the glass. Alas, it can't actually be used for its purpose anymore as acrylics will just "melt" off when the condensation from wine meets it. If I'd had proper paints for the purpose, perhaps I'd have quite the souvenir to provide as gifts for friends!

In other news, did you watch the Democratic National Convention?  I LOVED Cardinal Dolan's closing prayer! If you missed it, check out Adrienne's postt as she provides both the text and the video.  Here's some of it:

We praise and thank you for granting us the life and the liberty by which we can pursue happiness. Show us anew that happiness is found only in respecting the laws of nature and of nature’s God. Empower us with your grace so that we might resist the temptation to replace the moral law with idols of our own making, or to remake those institutions you have given us for the nurturing of life and community. May we welcome those who yearn to breathe free and to pursue happiness in this land of freedom, adding their gifts to those whose families have lived here for centuries.
Awesome!  Why are you still here? Go read the rest! 

Seriously, I'm shocked the good Cardinal wasn't drawn and quartered right there in that arena!

No comments: